Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Waiting

I feel like this week that I am just waiting for Thursday to be over with: that is the day when P has her MRI. For me it is the day that she has to be sedated. It is seriously all I can think about. I've been trying really hard to push it out of my mind, but it comes creeping back in. I don't know what I'm going to be like when/if the days comes that they schedule her for surgery. It is another set of circumstances in which I just want my Mommy or Daddy(Every once in a while this occur. Usually involves medical circumstances). My neighbor made a good point last night, however, and reminded me to pray. To pray over her, for her nurses, and the staff where it will occur. All I can do is trust God all will go well. Or else this migraine-ish headache will never go away.

I'm thankful for a date night tonight with Brian. I don't know what I would do without this now weekly habit. Sometimes it feels like the only time during the week that we carry on a long conversation and talk about what is going on in our lives and what are plans are to be (even on a practical "what should we have for dinner"). We pretty much can only afford to pay for the babysitter, but we do manage to each purchase a coffee concoction. We sit over our drinks for a couple hours and talk, play rummy, and just chill.

No comments:

Post a Comment